There are some days when you just need a break from life and routines. Though I love a routine that allows me to be productive, it is also the cause for my exhaustion and boredom with life. For a couple of weeks now, I’ve been taking time to recuperate and get back to my normal self because, let’s be honest, there’s something wrong when Susan wakes up at 10 a.m. for days a time. I want to share some tips that have helped return some spunk into my personality and mental caffeine into my tired mind. Let’s get to it!
1. Binge eat. You deserve it. Only for this certain weekend though. Don’t commit one of the seven deadly sins (gluttony)!
2. Read a book. Fall in love with the life found in a good book. Fall in love with the characters. Lose yourself as you connect with a certain character. The escape is euphoric.
3. MUSIC! Wether you’re creating it, or listening, music is a great way to wind down and relax your mind. I’ve been loving Ryn Weaver, Tim Timmons, and Zella Day. Look out for posts and/or playlists from them soon on the new Music selection up top!
4. Break your routines. Do, simply, that.
5. Spend time outside. It’s so relaxing to get out of the city, and away from people. Sometimes you just need to put your foot down…on the gas pedal and drive away from society. Pedernales Falls State Park in Johnson City, TX (about a 30 minute to one hour drive from Austin), is one of the most relaxing places I’ve ever been to. The best part of this park is the view you get after climbing down a series of stone steps. An even better view comes after climbing over more rocks (carefully, please), then hopping over thinner sections of the river to get even deeper into this beautiful park.